Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Top 4 Rubber Worm Colors For Clear Water

Most people don't care for the idea of having to finesse fish. For me, there is no other way to go after fish once they are located. I fish mostly the west coast and therefore a good majority of your waters are clear. There are four colors I turn to in these crystal condition.

My first color of choice is the Margarita Mutilator 3 (above). I'm not sure what this is supposed to imitate but my guess is a bluegill. This one here is a Robo Worm but the brand does not matter to me. Fish don't know brands, they know color and size. This is a highly effective color.

Next is Aron's Magic. It is mostly green but does have some brown and purple in the belly. Again not sure what is imitates but bluegill and bass would be a logical guess.


Prism shad makes for a great alternative when other colors don't work. The name speaks for what is imitates. Almost every body of water anywhere in the U.S. has some type of shad in it. Think of this when deciding what colors to use.

So my number four color in my box in Oxblood. It tends to have a real earthy tone that fish love. Earth tones work great in clear water.


If your having trouble catching em in clear water, try these colors out. They are all very common and can be fond at any local tackle store including Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment